AMERICAN GUIDE WEEK - POINTER BRAND GIVEAWAY
To be an American Guide, “all should feel themselves envoys of good-will, who are engaged in the most valuable kind of contribution to American culture and community.” So sayeth the 1935 WPA Field Guide.
And that “most valuable kind of contribution” is a self-portrait of these here United States, recorded by locals telling local stories from all points North, South, East and West. Over the past week, you’ve been doing just that—showing America to Americans. We sure do appreciate it.
Now, as a thank you, and with the gracious sponsorship of an American original—L.C. King Manufacturing of Bristol, Tennessee—we’re pleased to announce a special giveaway for two lucky #AmericanGuideWeek participants.
L.C. King, manufacturers of the classic Pointer Brand, have generously offered TWO (count ‘em, TWO) of their gorgeous Barn Coats to folks answering the call for Field Assignment dispatches. We’ll be randomly selecting two #AmericanGuideWeek contributors as the winners.
For the rest of us, L.C. King is also supporting American Guide Week by offering 15% off online purchases through 12/31 when you enter the code “americanguide”. Visit pointerbrand.com to peruse their fantastic line of clothes and accessories.
As for the giveaway rules and the legal nitty-gritty, it’s pretty straightforward:
- No kind of purchase is necessary (We don’t really have anything to purchase, anyway.);
- The drawing is open to anyone in the U.S. contributing an original dispatch for #AmericanGuideWeek between Monday, Nov. 18 and midnight EST on Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013 (If you’ve already contributed, you’re already in the running.);
- “Original dispatch” can include previously created work, as long as it is in the spirit of the Field Assignments and is submitted in a new post made for #AmericanGuideWeek. You must submit the link on Tumblr or via email to email@example.com before midnight EST on Nov. 24, 2013 to be eligible;
- Only one entry per contributor—three dispatches still equals one chance;
- L.C. King Manufacturing Co., makers of Pointer Brand workwear, are kindly providing two of their hand-sewn barn coats (retail value $107-$145) that will go to two lucky contributors (We’re partial to the “Fisher Stripe” version, ourselves.) You can find L.C. King and Pointer at www.pointerbrand.com;
- On Monday, November 25, 2013, we’ll randomly select two contributors from #AmericanGuideWeek and announce the winners on theamericanguide.org;
- We aren’t the NSA. Your privacy is important to us. We will not disclose your address or phone number to anyone except those involved in shipping your prize. Your email will not be shared or sold;
- You must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Additionally, editors of The American Guide and their families are not eligible (That’s us. Stop sending submissions, Mom.);
- This giveaway is void where prohibited by law and we reserve the right to change these rules at any time without notice;
- This giveaway is not associated with Tumblr - without limitation, it isn’t administered, sponsored, or endorsed by Tumblr. By participating, you are sharing information with The American Guide and not with Tumblr.
Images courtesy L. C. King Manufacturing
* * *
Since 1913, Pointer Brand and many other labels have been made by the L. C. King MFG. Co. in Bristol, Tenn., a company continuously family owned and operated for four generations. L. C. King has crafted an authentic American workwear heritage for over a century by making quality jeans, overalls, jackets, and other clothing held to the high standards of the ruggedness, character, and style of the champion bird dogs beloved by our founder.
Find L.C. King’s Pointer Brand workwear online at www.pointerbrand.com, follow them on Tumblr at pointerbrand.tumblr.com, like them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pointerbrand, and follow them on Twitter (@pointerbrand) and Instagram (pointerbrand).